Both Sides Now: A True Story of Love, Loss and Bold Living.
The past is simply part of our story; just not the whole story…On the very day that Nancy Sharp delivered premature twins, she learned that her husband’s brain cancer returned after eighteen months in remission. Less than three years later, at the age of 37, she became a widow. But while many in that situation
The past is simply part of our story; just not the whole story…On the very day that Nancy Sharp delivered premature twins, she learned that her husband’s brain cancer returned after eighteen months in remission. Less than three years later, at the age of 37, she became a widow. But while many in that situation would crumble, Nancy had an innate ability to hold life and death in the same moment. She learned to “see beyond the frame’s edge.” In BOTH SIDES NOW: A True Story of Love, Loss, and Bold Living, Nancy shares her unforgettable journey – one that offers enlightened understanding for living life to the fullest. Her story is a gift to those looking to lift themselves from the embers of loss and adversity through bold living.
Seeking the solace of the Rocky Mountains and a fresh start, Nancy packs up her five year-old twins and leaves Manhattan for Denver, never imagining that she would find love in the pages of a magazine. But after reading an article on eligible bachelors, Nancy sends an email to Steve Saunders, a popular Denver television anchor turned political candidate as well as a widower who’d lost his wife to cancer, and was raising two sons a decade older than Nancy’s twins. Today they have been married for six years.
BOTH SIDES NOW is the recipient of seven literary honors: First Book Finalist for Books For A Better Life; USA BEST BOOK Finalist; National Indie Excellence Award; Readers’ Favorite International Book Award; Living Now Book Award; American Book Fest International Book Award; and a CIPA EVVY. Conversations Book Club with Cyrus Webb also named BOTH SIDES NOW as a top 50 nonfiction read of 2014.
In BOTH SIDES NOW, Nancy explores:
· What it was like for her to learn her husband’s cancer had returned on the same day she delivered premature twins
· Coping with his long illness and the unexpected beauty surrounding his death
· What gave her the courage to move from NYC to Denver with young twins to start a new life
· How she literally plucked her new husband, Steve, from the pages of a magazine
· What it really means to hold the past, present, and future at the same time
· How we comes to own our stories without letting them define us· A compelling snapshot of BOLD Living